- #: 172557
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2009-09-22
- Current Version: 1.00
- Size: 6.90 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Majesco Entertainment
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.0 or later
- © BANANAGRAMS(c) game and tiles and all associated logos are patents and trademarks of BANANAGRAMS LLC. Published by Majesco Entertainment Co.
Add to Favorite apps
Now on sale for $.99!Bananagrams explodes on the new iPad!Originally designed for iPhone and iPad Touch, Bananagrams looks amazing and plays great on the new iPad!Bananagrams rocks on iPad!Bananagrams is the award winning anagram game that will drive…..
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Needs to seriously be fixed - UPDATED LOWER SCORE - READ BOTTOM
This is a cool game on the PC, and I shelled out 4.99 for the iPod version.
When you charge 4.99 for an iPod game, the customer should be getting a complete game with very little bugs.
Instead, it feels like a quick turn to make a profit.
MAJESCO, PLEASE FIX or HAVE THE FOLLOWING FIXED:
#1 - My Banana chips don't add up. My total happens to always be the last amount I earned so let's say I have 10 chips. I go play another game and win 8, now it will say my TOTAL amount of chips is '8'. This is very frustrating, as one of the main reasons I purchased this game is to be able to collect new tiles and tables. That's not going to happen in the current build.
#2 - Why was the amount of tiles and tables dumbed down from the PC version? It doesn't take much to throw in an extra 5 tilesets and a few extra tables. I know for a fact, it has NOTHING to do with the power or lack of with the iPod touch or iPhone. It adds up to sheer laziness on someones part.
#3 - Where are the ocean sound effects? They are relaxing on the PC - Absent on the iPod. Please put that back in, and give people an option to turn it off if they don't like it.
#4 - The game keeps crashing. Everytime I play a game and go into my stuff after finishing, it crashes me to my home screen...EVERY single time. I have over 900 games that I have purchased and I know how to use my iPod - I restart it after downloading games and 99 percent of my games do NOT crash. This one does, and it does it quite often.
#5 - There is NO way to select multiple letters at one time. There is no 'Lasso'. The instructions say to touch an empty space and then circle your letters - Doesn't happen...Nothing happens, ever.
#6 - You need to make games where EVERYTHING can be accessed OFFLINE as well as online. If I want to play offline, it takes away 'my stuff', etc. What is this load all about?!?
In over 900 of my other games, NOBODY does this.
#7 - Respond to your customers. I emailed you last week and never got a response. It may not bother me as much but I just paid $5 for a faulty game and I am not happy at all at the moment. I will be emailing again with this list, as this stuff MUST get taken care of.
If you fix everything, I would be more than happy to bump your score up to 5 stars, but not until.
Check my other reviews, I am a man of my word.
UPDATE TO MY FIRST REVIEW:
I Am now dropping this to one star.
The developer has made no attempts to return my many emails and has made NO indication that they agree that the game is broken and needs an update.
Instead, they silently lower the price and duck out like a weasel.
I am VERY, VERY, VERY dissapointed.
This is the lowest class publisher I have dealt with and should no longer to be able to sell games on iTunes until they are ready to deal with their customers in a professional manner.
Addicted, but could be better!
I've really enjoyed this! Holds true to the Bananagrams board game that's SO addicting! Perfect except for the following problems:
1) "Lasso" to select a group of tiles is bugged so that the actual lasso appears elsewhere on the screen. Still selects inside a phantom lasso.
2) Cannot purchase tiles/boards with points. "Network Error"
3) Adding buddies via email hasn't worked for me yet. Have had to find friends online, which wasn't difficult.5) I feel like the likelihood you end up with quite a few undesirable letters is higher than in the game. I often get double Zs, Vs, or Qs.
4) There's a way you can pick up two tiles at once that overlaps with the way used to drag the screen. Quite inconvenient when the word puzzle gets large.
**The following are suggestions:
1) Online gaming should have table numbers. Instead, each is named "Public Game", so if you get disconnected by a text/call, returning to the same table is a trial.
2) A swap tiles option would be nice. Place a tile on top of another to swap them.
3) A chat option would be great :-) Especially between games (during countdown) and in the lobby.
4) Would be nice as a spectator to see players' tables aside from the eye in the sky view shown that has no letters.
Well worth the $.99 for me. Not sure how I'd feel if I spent the original 5.
Loved the Book....
This game rocks. (The books are better though) Glad I found this. I also found WordSnake, which is like this game except it has a cooler board. Try both.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes